Thursday 1 February 2024

संज्ञान और ऋषि

ज्ञान की परम्परा और परम्परा का ज्ञान

--

What Did The Sage Speak?

The Nameology :

नम् परः नामपरकः वा इति  "number".

In the year 2016 precisely on 19 March,  had to leave Ujjain, where I had been living since 2006, and on the same day in the night arrived at Ghatkhedi, a village on the bank of the river Narmada. I lived there till 5th of August.

In the neighborhood there was a pundit named Sri Girijashankar Atre. He had two sons and the younger one shared the name with me as well - Vinay. So he was - Vinay Atre.   

The river flows between the two banks, one is Ghatkhedi while the another is : Khedighat.

A bridge on the state highway joining Indore to Khandwa  connects the two banks as well. The village Ghatkhedi is a village, part of the nearby town known as Baravaha, while Khedighat is on the other bank and the adjacent Railway Station is accordingly Omkareshwar-Road . Mortakka is also an old name of this place and Omkareshwar is about 11 miles away from there.

This detailed description is what I can give out here so as to relate the facts. 

In between April 2016 to March 2016, I started reciting the Rigveda, and just by the very insight and my intuition too, I was aware that the VedapAtha are to be recited and to be learned in this way and should never to be learned in any other way through translation in any language what-so-ever. Just because Veda is the Mantra and the devatA as such and is to be connected through phonetics only.

This much for the introduction.

While going through this veda-pATha,  while going through the part 2 and in the subsequent richA I was reading my own name there, I found it in the following :

ॐ गणानां त्वा गणपतिं हवामहे ...

सः विनयः भारद्वाजः ...

VinayaH BhAradwAjah.

I at once realized why my destiny might have brought me at this place. It's not just the coincidence that the above two words really connote my Vedika name.

I'm not unnecessarily glorifying myself but want to say I was feeling humbled only to know this. This is so because I'm born in the bhAradwAja Gotra and my this name Vinay was given to me by my parents for whatever reasons they might hardly knew.

Intuitively I could see that I belong to Sage BhAradwAja in this lineage / tradition also.

This is an example of Nameology.

Yesterday I came across a video of Sri Neeraj Atri. While viewing this all and at once this memory was there and I felt our names reveal so much about us.

So I felt Neeraj Atri might also be in the lineage of the Sage and Gotra of  Atri.

Then remembering the associated ideas I was thinking of the  Sage JAbAl Rishi . In my other blogs I've written in detail how the Angel Gabriel was none other than Sage JabAl Rishi indeed. The word Angel is likewise a cognate of the word angirA / angiras who was again a Sage belonging to Vedika  Tradition.

The Mundakopanishad / मुण्डकोपनिषद्  also describes how this tradition begins with brahmA :

ॐ ब्रह्मा देवानां प्रथमः सम्बभूव विश्वस्य कर्ता भुवनस्य गोप्ता।। 

From The brahmA onwards begins this lineage of the Sages/Rishi .

शौनको ह महाशालः 

Thus describes the Sage Shaunaka who approached the Sage angiras/ angirA and questioned Him :

भगवो किमिदं यद्विज्ञाते सर्वमिदं ज्ञातम् भवति?

(As I am writing all this only with the help of memory so may be a bit different from the text as may be there in the text of  Mundakopanishad.)

Watching the video of the talks of Sri Neeraj Atri with Sri Rahul Dewan, all this came to mind.

There are two salient points -

1. If I remember correctly, The story of how Angil Gabriel gave the teachings to Abraham was to "listen to and speak" His words.  In the Sanskrit this is said -

"ब्रूहि"

When written in left to right way, which becomes हिब्रू , and when written in right to left way. That much I can say. I claim nothing more. So Abraham was indeed  the first Messenger or the Prophet of this Knowledge of God / Brahman.

2. The same knowledge was then given to two other next prophets who are known to have founded the other two religions.

One can understand how in Time the  Mighty and the Great this knowledge was lost to next generations as is said in the Gita - अध्याय 4,

इमं विवस्वते योगं प्रोक्तवानहमव्ययम्।।

विवस्वान् मनवे प्राह मनुरिक्ष्वाकवेऽब्रवीत्।।१।। 

स योगो कालेन महता नष्टः परन्तप।।

...

This is how I can relate and accordingly I can think.

*** 








:

No comments:

Post a Comment